Material HandlerAkron, Ohio
The position moves material primarily using lift trucks. Receives and handles inventory counting. Supply production line with parts and materials.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Able to pass on site written and driving tow motor test.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Candidates must successfully complete criminal and motor vehicle background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Maintain material handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections; making operator repairs.
- Unload and load trucks moving parts and pallets.
- Receive materials and document: units, discrepancies, and damages along with location of items.
- Prepare finished stock for shipments by identifying, pulling, packing, crating, loading and securing product.
- Maintain in-process inventory at work centers by delivering and opening materials and supplies.
- Locate materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders and/or as requested from the Production Supervisors.
- Maintain inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing material and supplies in stock; recording location of inventory.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Comply with TW’s Core Values always (LOVE IT).
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and an ability to deal with complex and conditional situations.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Competitive Benefits
Or Download Application and email to .
TransitWorks is a leading builder of commercial shuttles, wheelchair accessible vans, transporters, and small buses. With more than 140,000 square feet of production space in Ohio, Kansas, and South Carolina, TransitWorks is building and shipping innovative transit vehicles throughout North America.
Recognized as industry experts, TransitWorks provides vehicle conversions for Healthcare Companies, Fleet Management, Government Contracts, Hospitality Corporations, Wheelchair Transport, Taxi, and many other industries and markets. Sales and service is supported by a national network of Master Dealers with nearly 200 locations.