Options InstallerAkron, Ohio
The Options Installer will be responsible for the building and installation of seats, and other types of interiors to DOT specifications.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Individuals with background/experience in any of the following, Vocational School, Automotive – trade school, Auto dealer, Carpentry, Car audio installation, housing electrical, manufacturing electrical assembly, and consumer assembly bicycles/etc preferred.
- Can physically meet the demands of the job and have an eye for detail.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Warm and friendly demeanor with good energy and a positive attitude.
- Candidates must successfully complete criminal and motor vehicle background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Able to follow instructions for installing and building a variety of interior parts including OEM, Transit Works and custom-made piece seats into a vehicle, steps/running boards, drive shaft loops, wheelchair holders, Oxygen tank holders, safety kits, shoulder tracks, stanchion poles and wheelchair lifts.
- Understand and follow DOT specifications.
- Must be comfortable working with vehicle 12 volt systems.
- Must have an eye for identifying potential problems.
- Must be able to produce in a fast pace environment.
- Track supplies and equipment, and notifying manager of inventory levels.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously is required.
- Solid verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Comply with TW’s Core Values always (LOVE IT).
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Able to function capably in a production environment using standard equipment (screw guns, impacts, air saws, jig saws, table saws, circular saws, utility knives, sockets/ratchets, wrenches, and tape measures, etc.)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Frequently lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to complete production-related physical activities (walking, standing, talking, kneeling, hearing, pushing, reaching, seeing, stooping/crouching, smelling, depth perception, identifying colors) as needed.
- Participate in required company safety programs, trainings, and PPE guidelines.
- Comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, PTO, and 401K.
Job Type: Full-time
- Akron, OH 44314
Or Download Application and email to .
TransitWorks employs hundreds of workers in Ohio, Kansas, and South Carolina. With three manufacturing facilities and a corporate headquarters in Richfield, OH, we are almost always looking for dedicated and dependable employees to join our team. We are proud to be the leading modifier of mobility vehicles and transporters in the United States, allowing us to employ so many wonderful people.