Quality InspectorAkron, Ohio
Inspect for defects, calculate pay loads, apply decals, perform torque testing, heat & temperature tests with calibrated equipment, maintain inspection pictures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1+ year of quality experience.
- 1+ year of related manufacturing experience preferred.
- Be a persistent problem solver with strong analytical and communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to document findings.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Solid verbal, written, interpersonal communication, and MS Office skills are required.
- Warm and friendly demeanor with good energy and a positive attitude.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Candidates must successfully complete criminal and motor vehicle background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Essential Job Functions and Duties:
- Must be able to Inspect for defects or non-performing items during final and in-process production by confirming specifications on upfitted vehicles.
- Calculate payload and apply decals on upfitted vehicles.
- Perform torque tests, A/C & heat temperature tests with calibrated equipment.
- Must maintain inspection pictures on the network drive.
- Must maintain organization and quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products; recording quality results.
- Comply with TW’s Core Values always (LOVE IT).
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, PTO, and 401K.
- Job Type: Full-time
Or Download Application and email to .
TransitWorks is a leading builder of commercial shuttles, wheelchair accessible vans, transporters, and small buses. With more than 140,000 square feet of production space in Ohio, Kansas, and South Carolina, TransitWorks is building and shipping innovative transit vehicles throughout North America.
Recognized as industry experts, TransitWorks provides vehicle conversions for Healthcare Companies, Fleet Management, Government Contracts, Hospitality Corporations, Wheelchair Transport, Taxi, and many other industries and markets. Sales and service is supported by a national network of Master Dealers with nearly 200 locations.