This position will be responsible for sheet metal fabrications (Installation of Bus Doors) and welding 14 gauge steel into the floor of vans. In addition, welding seat and track tiles according to the blueprint. Protect OEM interior from weld burns and sparks.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Individuals with background/experience in any of the following – Manufacturing – Welding, Vocational School, Automotive – trade school experience, metal fabrication.
- 1+ years of metal fabrication experience (Preferred).
- Experience welding into steel floors a plus.
- Can physically meet the demands of the job and have an eye for detail.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Warm and friendly demeanor with good energy and a positive attitude.
- Candidates must successfully complete criminal and motor vehicle background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Able to function capably in a production environment using standard equipment (machine tools, welding equipment, hand tools, etc.)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Frequently lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing over 50 pounds.
- Must be able to complete the production-related physical activities (walking, standing, talking, hearing, pushing, reaching, seeing, stooping/crouching, smelling, depth perception, identifying colors) as needed.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to produce.
- Participate in required company safety programs, trainings and PPE guidelines.
- Comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, PTO, and 401K.
Job Type: Full-time
- Akron, OH 44314
Or Download Application and email to .
TransitWorks is a leading builder of commercial shuttles, wheelchair accessible vans, transporters, and small buses. With more than 140,000 square feet of production space in Ohio, Kansas, and South Carolina, TransitWorks is building and shipping innovative transit vehicles throughout North America.
Recognized as industry experts, TransitWorks provides vehicle conversions for Healthcare Companies, Fleet Management, Government Contracts, Hospitality Corporations, Wheelchair Transport, Taxi, and many other industries and markets. Sales and service is supported by a national network of Master Dealers with nearly 200 locations.