Ram ProMaster NEMT – Non-Emergency Medical Transporter
TransitWorks’ NEMT upfit is a great option for Senior Living, Group Homes, Churches and more that need to transport wheelchair and ambulatory passengers. The Ram ProMaster with heavy-duty 800 lb capacity lift, and SmartFloor™ technology, offers maximum flexibility to switch between wheelchair transport and standard seating. Available on the ProMaster 1500 & 2500, it comes in 2 lengths and 2 roof heights. The SmartFloor innovative flooring system also provides for seating configurations that can be quickly changed as needed.
- Altro non-skid commercial flooring over SmartFloor
- Vinyl seats with integrated lap and shoulder belts on wheeled seat bases
- Side or rear mounted wheelchair lift (w/800 lb weight capacity)
- Retractable wheelchair tie-downs with storage bags
- Entrance grab handle
- First aid kit
- 5# fire extinguisher
- Stainless steel side steps
- Stanchion pole
- Wheelchair storage unit
- Cot mount
- Tinted windows
TransitWorks also builds a RAM ProMaster with wheelchair ramp and lowering system. Both vehicles can also be used as equipment movers for heavier medical equipment, copiers, printers and more. NEMT vehicles are also known as NET (non-emergency transporter), ambulette and paratransit vans depending on usage and operator of the vehicle.